Fetch and BluDEX devices are useful in cases such as the following:
- Machines in areas with little or no consistent cell coverage.
- Non-telemetry machines that are in the VMS for predictive routing and prekitting, cash accountability, and analytics.
- Faster DEXing in cases where Fill DEX processing time by the installed telemeter is longer than desired, since any online machine can be Fetch Dex'd at any time without modifying any settings in the VMS.
- Assistance in creation of offline machines in the VMS.
To begin using this feature, you must ask Support or Customer Success to activate the Fetch functionality.
Please note that Fetch is currently only compatible with iOS devices.
Setting Up a Machine
Use the following instructions to set up a machine with Fetch.
1. Create your offline machines in the VMS. Instructions can be found in this video.
2. Go to Vending > All Machines and use the left-hand checkboxes to select the machines you created.
3. On the right-hand side, click Options > Print QR-Codes to print the codes that will be used at the machines when setting up and servicing.
4. Once at the machine, start by plugging the BluDex device into the DEX port at the machine board and then turning it on. The Status light will begin flashing blue, indicating that it's ready to pair.
5. Open the Stock application on your mobile device and tap Fetch on the lower right of the navigation bar.
6. Select the Bluetooth logo button on the right side. Select the appropriate device from the following list.
7. Tap the blue Implement new device button, seen below.
8. When prompted, enter the asset number for the machine as the Machine Identifier.
9. Press the green Start dexing button to send a DEX to the VMS. If it is successful, you will be notified.
If there is no cell signal at your location, then the DEX will send once signal is available.
When the machine is next serviced, the printed QR code should be placed somewhere safe but accessible inside the machine. If you had already created your machines in the VMS ahead of time, then you can store the appropriate QR code now.
10. The BluDex device will be available in your VMS Implementation page, which can be merged with the offline machine.
For instructions on how to merge a device with an offline machine, please see this brief article. If the machine layout seems incorrect or you have any questions about the machine's layout or mapping, please contact Parlevel Hero Support.
11. If you have an online machine in the VMS that you would like to update to Fetch, you can go to Vending > All Machines, and click the for the online machine that is intended to be used with Fetch. Go to the Basic Info tab, and check off the FETCH Only Machine box, seen above.
Checking this box will automatically update the online machine's Device ID to a BluDex device ID.
Please note that this checkbox will not be available unless the Fetch functionality has been enabled in your VMS.
Servicing Machines Using the BluDex Device
1. While at the machine, start by plugging the BluDex device into the DEX port and then turning it on. Its Status light will begin flashing blue, indicating that it's ready to pair.
2. Open the Stock application on your mobile device and tap Fetch in the lower right corner.
3. Select the Bluetooth logo on the right, and pair with the device.
Your phone only needs to be paired with the BluDex device the first time.
4. To use the QR code specific to the machine, select the QR code button and scan the code using your phone.
Store the QR code inside the machine in a safe but accessible place for future servicing.
5. Press the green button to start a DEX. If it is successful, you will be notified.
If there is no cell signal at your location, then you will be notified that the Dex failed, and it will send once signal is available.
6. If the DEX was confirmed as successful, go back to Routes to ensure the machine was marked as serviced. You can continue servicing the machine as normal and proceed with your route.